Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Starting ID Project

I have started work on the Intelligent Design vs. Science project I threatened to do. This link goes to a place on my site where I will be working on the project. The goal is to create an explanation of science vs. intelligent design that a 12-year-old can understand. Like I said, I am no expert in this area, so any help others provide would be appreciated.

This is simply a convenient place for me to start this project and to get the feedback that would be vital to its success. I liked borofkin's suggestion to use wiki books, but I was concerned with running afoul of their "neutral point of view" ideology.

I don't know why it is the case, but a lot of people think that 'a neutral point of view' requires bolstering one side of a debate or the other, giving it far more credibility than an honest evaluation of the evidence could ever justify. In other words, it requires lying. That's not an option that I wish to pursue in this (or any other) case.

No comments: